Founder & Content Director
SOURCE Content Marketing Agency
Louise Burgers (previously Marsland), is Founder and Content Director at SOURCE Content Marketing Agency. Louise is a Writer, Publisher, Editor, Content Strategist, Consumer Trends Curator and Content & Media Trainer.
Currently, SOURCE has written content strategy and produced content and published publications – print and digital – for various media, brands, branding agencies, advertising agencies, public relations agencies and non-profits. Louise also writes columns for various media and brand platforms and in 2020 launched her own business blog, called Hot Source, aimed at inspiring and mentoring young professionals and entrepreneurs, especially women, in South Africa.
Louise has been writing about consumer trends, brands, branding, media, marketing and the advertising communications industry in South Africa for over 20 years, notably, as the previous Africa Editor: Bizcommunity.com; Editor: Bizcommunity.com Media & Marketing SA; Editor-in-Chief: AdVantage magazine; Editor: Marketing Mix magazine; Editor: Progressive Retailing magazine; Editor: BusinessBrief magazine; Editor: FMCG Files newsletter.
She specialised in business-to-business media and content strategy and continues to write and train in the industry as a content strategist, specialist columnist, consumer trends commentator, writer, editor and speaker; as well as giving Content Bootcamps and Media Access training to entrepreneurs and organisations.
Before specialising in business-to-business journalism, Louise spent a decade on daily newspapers The Star, Saturday Star, and The Citizen, writing hard news, community news and specialising in local government politics as Municipal Reporter of both The Star and The Citizen.
Louise holds a Masters in Commerce: Strategy & Organisational Dynamics, degree from the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) Leadership Centre, in conjunction with the UK’s Open University and the Copenhagen Business School, Denmark.
She has received numerous awards for her publications and as a journalist, and had her content published in books and publications across the globe. She has served on industry boards in the South African marketing and media industry, including as a judge on various industry awards in the media, marketing, communications, digital and advertising industries.
- Trade and Industry Writer of the Year, Magazine Publishers’ Association of SA (MPASA) Pica Awards, 2010.
- Finalist in B2B Editor-of-the-Year, MPASA Pica Awards 2010, 2011.
- Board Member: Advertising Benevolent Fund (ABF) 2010/2011.
- Board Member: Magazine Publishers’ Association of South Africa (MPASA), 2009/2010.
- Finalist in Online Publishers’ Association (OPA) ‘Greatest Individual Contribution to Digital’ Award, 2008.
- 2008: travelled to the United States to speak at the American Society of Business Publications Editors (ASBPE) as a guest of the global Trade, Association and Business Publications International (TABPI).
- Judge in OPA, MPASA and DMMA (Digital Media and Marketing Awards) Awards.
- Profiled in Top Women in Business and Government Annual (2005).
- BOOKS: Contributed to The Star – Bedtime Again by James Clarke; Death Squads: Apartheid’s Secret Weapon by Patrick Laurence (Penguin, 1990).